Mountains & Rivers Media Environmental Policy
PAPER AND PACKAGING
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
ENERGY AND WATER
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing with others on the business park is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will not travel by air.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will operate a Cycle To Work scheme.
- We will encourage car sharing where possible for meetings and commuting.
- We aspire to zero emissions (e.g. electric) vehicles when purchasing company vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office and home refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organizations to dispose of waste.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay informed about our latest updates through email. Subscribe here.
We are in the process of publishing a case study on how we are greening our professional activities and our personal lives:
Including how we access our venders and suppliers, and transparency of Mountain & Rivers Media's and our vendor's supply chains and development processes.